Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bring Rocky Home - 2012-04-11 - 11:59pm

Hi Rocky,

Before I even start tonight I would like to say something to you.... in one of the first letters to you after you left I told you that I would never give up on you and that is a promise that I will keep. If I don't write every night it does not mean that I forgot about you or that I care any less - it just means that I was busy or tired... I will never skip more than one night....

What have you been up to? Do you think of us sometimes? Are you reading this blog - your e-mails - messages on Facebook? If you are, don't you care that we are worried or concerned or have sleepless night because we are worried about you?

I grew up in a fairly normal household.... I have three sisters and sometimes we had big fights. It always worked out in the end..... To this date I still fight with one of my sisters (and if she reads this she will know that I am talking about her), even if we are 1000's of miles apart.... but you know what, I know that if it really matters, even if we are mad at each other, she will always have my back and I will always have hers....

We (You, your dad and me) are also a family and no matter what we will always be there for each other. Even if we fight with you, when it really counts we will be there for you. So please be there for us also.... we really need you.

I know that your mother grew up without her father in her life. You father grew up withour his mother in his life. You grew up without your father in your life but you have a chance now with his. And there will be fights - there will be moments that one of us will be unhappy, but we will be there for each other if it counts. It is up to you to change history here.... If you don't, what is the chance that your children will be in the same boat? Remember, it is not alwyays in your power to make that decision but like I also mentioned before, if you don't resolve these issues now, it is going to pop up in your life sometime in the future when you least expect it and it may be to late do do somthing about it..... I want you to have a better life than your mom and dad. I want your children to have a better life than you.... please let us help you make sure that it happens.....

You are such a great person - kind - helpful - friendly - neat - hard working - and more....... We did not realize what a treasure we had in you until you left....


We love you and we miss you,

Dad and Ma

No comments:

Post a Comment