Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bring Rocky Home - 2012-03-07 - 10:30pm

I am so sorry that I did not write last night....  I flew back to Houston from Norfolk so I did not get home until 2am....   still a little tired but at least I am home.

I am a little disappointed (not in you) in the fact that you are not home already but I am very sad that you are going throught this alone.  I wish I was a better "mom" to you but I know that I was not....  I know this was a very "expensive" lesson for me but I have to say Thank You for the learning experience.  Someone once said: "What does not kill you makes you a better person"....  We all learn from our mistakes and I have learnt so much from this and I know that I will be so much better at this ongoing...  I really hope and pray that you have the courage to come back home....    I know that it takes more to come back than what it took to leave in the first place (and I know that took a lot) but I know that you are strong....  you are a survivor....   

I know that you are a Christian so I know that with God looking after you, I don't have to worry day-in and day-out about you anymore - it was driving me crazy....  you are an adult and a responsable one at that, so, we need to trust you and trust that you will do the right thing.....   

I am also not going to ask you to call us again....  You know that we are at the phone waiting for you and will go to the ends of the earth to bring you back - so say the word and we will be there....  The past two years was not all bad - I can think of some really nice things...   getting your GED and your graduation.....   driving your own car.....     fishing.....  playing golf.....   our trip to Washington DC...... our special times with the Walters - our special times with the Smit's (Stokkie) - it was not all bad all the time....  

Is it not worth one last try to get to know your dad?  What do you have to lose?  Just give it six months and if you are not happy you can do whatever you want and we will respect and support your decision ...

I know that it is very hard to do the right thing...  but I know that you can do it.....    Please don't be to proud.

James 4:6  Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

Love you very much and really miss you

Dad and Ma

No comments:

Post a Comment