Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bring Rocky Home - 2012-02-29 - 08:00pm

TODAY is the 29th of February; it only comes around once every four years...


I hope TODAY is very special for you...
I hope TODAY you find what you are looking for...
I hope TODAY you are happy...
I hope TODAY you are safe...
I hope TODAY you start missing us just a little...


Right now that is all we want for you.... Yes, we are very sad that you are not with us - and like I mentioned to you before - we would give anything to have you back home - but if we only knew that you were happy and safe we would be happy too....

TODAY is the day that I am going to stop blaming myself.... we are all a little guilty..... I am finding out things about you that I never knew.... you and I have had many conversations and I loved every one of them..... But what I realized is that you were asking the questions and I was telling the stories.... That being said - we still really don't know you....

In the past few weeks I found out that you wanted everyone at college to call you Rocky - I did not know that… You wanted to go to a group at church but you never said anything about that - I did not know that… You were an excellent tennis player – I did not know that (I could have guessed because you are good with everything you do)… I found out that you were the one participating in all the discussions in your classes - I never knew that… You are the one that always helps others… THAT I DID KNOW..... You are kind, considered and gentle.... you really don't have a bad bone in your body.... I am sorry that I did not acknowledge that but TODAY I BELIEVE that you will come home and I will have another chance....

There is so much that I now want to share with you.... I want to call your grandmother Joey and make peace with her and I want you to have her in your life... I know that you want that. I want you to get to know your cousins in South Africa - to know their children and for them to know you and love you as we do.... You have a wonderful family that has been kept away from you for way too long and TODAY I decided that if that is one of the things that I can help you with I will be very happy to do that....

TODAY is the first day of the rest of our lives so we need to make the most of it... Lets stop looking back, lets stop looking ahead, lets simply focus on TODAY...

We love you TODAY

Dad and Ma

No comments:

Post a Comment